Interested in volunteering at SpiritHorse? We would love to have your help! Whether you are an individual who has a little extra time on your hands or you are coordinating a group work day we are excited to have you.
We offer a unique opportunity for your volunteer experience. Volunteers assist in our operations, under the mentorship of our staff, on all levels including sidewalking for client therapy, horse care, office administration, grounds beautification and maintenance. Groups have enjoyed the benefits of team building through helping SpiritHorse Riders and Ponies. We have been blessed with a tremendous corporate response and have hosted groups from Lowe’s, McAfee, Deloitte, Grande Communications, JCPenney HQ, Hilton Group and Hitachi to name a few.
Please consider SpiritHorse for your next community service workday. Our 18 acre ranch has accommodated groups as large as 150 people. With a full kitchen and bathroom facilities, we offer an outdoor experience with modern amenities.
If you are interested in a tour of SpiritHorse Ranch or have questions about the programs, please contact: Charles Fletcher
Download Volunteer Application: Application
We have built partnerships and collaborations within our community that improve our facilities, increase awareness and improve the lives of the Special Needs Community through volunteerism and training. These include:
- CoServ Charitable Foundation capital campaigns for a large scale rain water collection system, a ranch work truck and irrigation installations and improvements with the combined value of over $100,000.00.
- Subaru Foundation national and “Share the Love Event” local support of over $40,000.
- Lowe’s Heroes Foundation capital improvements to our facility including renovations and improvements worth over $40,000.
- Deloitte Corporate Workdays for capital improvements to our pasture fencing and grounds valued at over $15,000.
- McAfee Corporate Workday Projects including tech support, electrical wiring and repair valued at over $15,000.
- Universities UNT, TWU, NCTC, and SMU send their students to intern and observe. Our collaborations with local universities have allowed us to train a generation of Special Needs educators. We also teach grant writing, client care, horse care and training, fundraising and event planning to our interns and observation students.
- Local elementary and middle schools bring their Special Needs classes to us once a week. Many of these students have been with us since their diagnosis and have benefited from our program.
- Lions Clubs, Rotaries, Scouts, Sororities, Fraternities, churches and other civic groups volunteer and fundraise for SpiritHorse.
- We receive referrals from Scottish Rites Hospital of Dallas, Children’s Medical Center of Dallas, Cook’s Children’s, pediatricians, neurologists, therapists, the Texas Department of Mental Health and Mental Retardation.
SpiritHorse has had great success hosting corporate and civic volunteer days and has become a popular destination for corporate team building projects.